Monday, November 29, 2010

Ride the Wave

Since I had mentioned you some time back that I haven't had a cell phone my whole life, I think I should now let you know that I got a new one some time back. This post isnt really meant to brag about my cell but then, this phone doesn't really need any bragging.

4 months back, one fine day(evening rather), I began to hunt for a cellphone. I originally intended to purchase an android phone (Samsung Galaxy Spica) but Samsung had decided to discontinue the model to promote its own new OS- BADA. Now I don't know why Samsung has decided for its own proprietary OS because there are already some really good OS's out there in the market. Now to compete with the existing established phones, Samsung had to deliver BADA on a killer phone. And boy, did they deliver!

The Samsung Wave captures your attention the moment you see it. The 3.3'' super Amoled screen is truly one of a kind and brings a never seen before clarity on the mobile phone. Trust me, once you watch a video on the wave, no other phone will look good. Add to that the ability to play multiple video file formats(including avi and mkv), you can throw away all those tedious file conversion software.

The 5MP camera is excellent for not only does it click amazing high resolution pictures but also High-Definition (HD) videos. The photo editing software is quite self sufficient as well. The earphones too are of a very good quality.

The 1Ghz processor provides a really fast, super intuitive usability. All games run very smoothly without any hiccups. The multi-touch is quite fun to zoom into pictures and read ebooks. Multi-tasking is fantastic. Facebook sync and twitter sync allow you to merge your contact list with facebook and twitter (Not really for me this one, coz I hate twitter and didn't even have a fb account some time back). Nevertheless, these are really useful features which no other phone can boast of.

For any more features I have missed (I am sure I have), do please search on the net [:P]. The only thing stopping the phone to be called a dream-phone is the new and still developing BADA OS. Had the OS been some already established one like Android, this cell could have been a gift to mankind. But I like the BADA. There is no problem whatsoever yet. It does what it is supposed to quite well. As far as applications are concerned, they are pouring buckets of them everyday.

Anyways, the phone is gaining popularity every day now that Samsung has stopped producing it (From what I hear, they couldn't afford to sell the expensive super amoled screens at such a small cost). This is resulting in a wild rush on auction sites like ebay where people are willing to pay 22.5k for a secondhand wave(I bought my original at 18.5k)

As a first phone, this is exactly what I was looking for. Never imagined I would say this for a phone - I'm lovin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment